One of the first things you need to is determine where any service lines or pipes are located before you do any excavating. And it you are going to be removing good topsoil, and you have a place to pile it, keep if for later use.
When doing excavating and preparing soil there are things you can add the will help you get the lawn you want and some of these need to be added in during this stage.
- Water storage crystals to help the roots absorb and store water.
- Wetting agents that help pull water into the soil and penetrate the ground.
- Fertilizers provide the needed minerals and nutrients.
- Lime helps control acidic soil and raises pH levels.
- Gypsum is used to help with breaking down the clay in soil, also known as calcium sulphate.
- Sir Launcher is a starter fertilizer that provides the proper balance of elements and nutrients – a good choice for getting a lawn established.
To get more advice call our team on (07) 3114 8281. You can also to pop in and order in person at our sales office on 1/243 Bradman Street, Acacia Ridge. The office opens Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and Saturday 7am to 12pm.
For more great lawn care tips keep an eye on our website and all our social media channels.